Thursday, October 4, 2007

Speak, Write and Listen

If you want to be successful, good communication skills nowadays are vital. In fact, a lot of job recruiters seek candidates who can speak and write well. Understanding this notion, I decided to improve myself in these areas. One immediate action I took is, to write a blog. I want to express my thoughts in writing since I do not have a problem expressing them verbally. I’ve always been fond of keeping a journal, and I one of my dreams is to publish my written works someday.

Good thing I worked in a Call Center company – my listening and verbal skills were greatly honed and practiced. I had the chance to listen to North Americans and conserve with them in a daily manner, for more than a year. So to start of with this blog, let me share tips for Good Listening. Here's a list:


1.Keep an open mind.
2.Maintain eye contact.
3.Watch your body language.
4.Listen for key ideas and understanding.
5.Rephrase what the speaker is saying.
6.Ask questions.
7.Evaluate.

I’ll be sharing other tips in my next entries to come.

No comments: